An afternoon of free talks and workshops in central Brighton
(suitable for adults over 16)
If you’re keen on One Planet Living, fanatical about photography or just want an inspiring afternoon, this event is for you.
Saturday 13 June, 1 – 5pm Conference Hall, Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE
Please register for your free place at:
Photography and One Planet Living will come together to stunning visual effect at a free event in Brighton on 13 June where the winners of our city-wide photography competition will be announced.
– See the winning entries in our One Planet City photo competition – prizes will be presented
– Hear from three of the One Planet City photographers talking about their commissioned photo essays: Syd Shelton, Amanda Jackson & Jonathan Goldberg
– Join one of two possible workshops:
1. How do professional photographers respond to commissioning briefs and how does this differ from when they generate their own work?
2. How to we live more environmentally in the city according to One Planet Living principles?
You will be able to sign up to the workshop you are most interested in on arrival.
As part of the One Planet City photography project, FotoDocument, Bioregional and Photoworks, commissioned ten professional photographers to each create a photo essay on one of the ten principles of One Planet Living. The work has been on display in twelve diverse public locations around the city since October 2014, when it launched as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial. Venues include Hove Promenade, Brighton Railway Station, Brighton Open Market, Amex Community Football Stadium.
The exhibitions have more recently been accompanied by a public competition, open to all Brighton and Hove residents, until 31st May. All entries are displayed on the FotoDocument website and show One Planet Living principles, as interpreted by local residents. There is still time to submit!
This is a free event but you need to book a place, please go to: